I read these 12 Rewards of Recovery in The Daily Ponderables (online recovery material) and I could really relate to how my life has changed for the better since being sober. I have Hope, Faith and Courage, among other things and I kinda like myself these days. A lot has changed for me in the last several years. Whether you are in recovery or not, I hope you too have these rewards in your life.
12 Rewards of Recovery
This is what I get in return when I live the program:
1. Hope instead of desperation.
2. Faith instead of despair.
3. Courage instead of fear.
4. Peace of mind instead of confusion.
5. Self-respect instead of self-contempt.
6. Self-confidence instead of helplessness.
7. The respect of others instead of their pity and contempt.
8. A clean conscience instead of a sense of guilt.
9. Real friendship instead of loneliness.
10. A clean pattern of life instead of a purposeless existence.
11. The love and understanding of our families instead of their doubts and fears.
12. The freedom of a happy life instead of the bondage of Addiction.